UL – 651 (SCH 40 & 80)
UL – 651(Underwriters Laboratory – U.S.A)
These Standards cover Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 Extruded Rigid PVC (polyvinyl chloride) for Electrical Conduits.
NFP is predominantly engaged in the business of manufacturing UPVC (Rigid) conduits. The material used in the manufacturing of the conduits is domestically produced rigid by polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compound.
NFP conduits are intended to use for Electrical application (Aboveground & Underground – Suitable for Sunlight Resistance) shall be evaluated, tested and certified by UL – 651(Underwriters Laboratory – U.S.A).
NFP UL-651 (NEMA TC-2) Standard conduits are classified by Class as follows:
Schedule 40 – Rigid PVC Conduits with Integral Coupling (Normal duty application)
Schedule 80 – Rigid PVC Conduits with Integral Coupling (Heavy duty application)
NFPU-PVC Pipe Properties
- Superior Dielectric Strength Resistance
- Flame Resistance
- Weather Resistance
- Chemical Resistance
- Inherently Resistant to corrosive influences (Vapors, mists of bases, hydrofluoric and chromic acids)
- Light Weight, Ease of Handling and Maintenance
- Easy Installation
NFP ASTM Standard Pipes are categorized as follows:
|Schedule 40||For Normal duty applications (Underground Use)|
|Schedule 80||For Heavy duty applications (Industrial, Above & Underground Use)|
NFP U-PVC Pipes Handling & Storage
- When off-loading, pipes should be lowered, not dropped to the ground, care being taken to ensure that pipes do not fall one upon another and care must be taken to avoid contact with any sharp edges, nor on to any hard or uneven surfaces.
- UPVC pipes prefer to be stored to avoid ultra violet (UV) degradation from the sun light.
- Pipes should not be stacked in large piles, might result in deformation & difficult jointing later.
- For temporary storage in the field, where racks are not provided, the ground should be level and free from loose stones. Pipes stored should not exceed three layers high and stacked to prevent movement.
- For long-term storage, pipe racks should be provided for size below 6 inch where stored not more than 7 layers or 6ft., (1.8mtrs) whichever is the lesser.