ASTM D 2241
Our U-PVC SDR series pipe shall be manufactured from PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) compound with a cell classification of ASTM D 1784: PVC 12454. The material used in the manufacturing of the pipe is domestically produced Rigid by Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) compound.
NFP pipes are intended to be used for Cold Potable Water System. It meets the requirements according to ASTM D 2241 SDR Series (American Society for Testing and Materials).
NFPU-PVC Pipe Properties
- No influence on the quality of drinking water (Hygienic)
- Friction free characteristics
- Light Weight, Ease of Handling and Maintenance
- Chemical Resistance
- Easy Installation
- Resistance towards corrosion caused by acid, salt, oil, alkalis, moisture etc.
- Weather Resistance
- Fire Resistance
NFP ASTM Standard Pipes are categorized as follows:
|Class||Pressure Rating @ 23°C||Application|
|SDR 32.5||8.6 Bar||For Non pressure water networks(Building & Housing Sectors)|
|SDR 26||11 Bar||For Non pressure water networks(Building & Housing Sectors)|
|SDR 21||13.8 Bar||For High pressure water networks(Building, Industrial, Above & Underground system)|
|SDR 17||17.2 Bar||For High pressure water networks(Building, Industrial, Above & Underground system)|
|SDR 13.5||21.7 Bar||For High pressure water networks(Building, Industrial, Above & Underground system)|
NFP U-PVC Pipes Handling & Storage
- When off-loading, pipes should be lowered, not dropped to the ground, care being taken to ensure that pipes do not fall one upon another and care must be taken to avoid contact with any sharp edges, nor on to any hard or uneven surfaces.
- UPVC pipes prefer to be stored to avoid ultra violet (UV) degradation from the sun light.
- Pipes should not be stacked in large piles, might result in deformation & difficult jointing later.
- For temporary storage in the field, where racks are not provided, the ground should be level and free from loose stones. Pipes stored should not exceed three layers high and stacked to prevent movement.
- For long-term storage, pipe racks should be provided for size below 6 inch where stored not more than 7 layers or 6ft., (1.8mtrs) whichever is the lesser.